I don’t know about you…but I’m over the snow! This would be a lot of snow throughout the winter months as a whole, but man! it’s all come down in only a matter of weeks! I know I’m not the only one subject to these conditions so I won’t spend this post complaining, and at this point, it’s all about what you make of it! Right?
Thankfully, today my school canceled evening classes (which I was secretly hoping for!). It’s not that I dislike my class. In fact, I rather enjoy it. However, beginning in my first class of the day, I started planning a trip to Whole Foods for some much needed essentials. Some of them were pretty standard (plain yogurt for smoothies, etc), but some were definitely a part of my personal snow survival guide.
Okay, so maybe they weren’t originally intended for that, but after getting things home – I started realizing just how having those things in the house would make the storm more bearable…?
My Own Personal Snow Survival Guide – Foodie Edition (Warding off Cabin Fever Since ’11?)
- Dark Chocolate - this goes without saying.
- Larabars – simple, easy and delicious – and if something happened to the power, I’d at least have these to munch on!
- Various flavors of hot chocolate (I may have a lifetime supply stashed away in my cupboards…) … hmmm are we noticing a chocolate theme here?
- Breaking with that theme – some deeelicious flavors of Chobs! Even for some froyo on the fly…yes, even in snowstorms.
- Also – popcorn. The do it yourself – on the stovetop – kind. Once you pop you just can’t stop! Seriously though, there’s something great about sitting in your bay window and watching the snow fall while snacking away on freshly popped corn.
These are just some of the goodies that I can depend on to lift up my spirits – or stave off stir-craziness. Regardless – all these foods, paired with a good book or just a good television show or movie…ahh, sublime survival.
- What are some of your must haves for “emergencies”??